Eating more regular foods. I can pretty much stomach anything now, and I'm finding great pleasure in eating again. Which is fab, because I've always really loved eating.
Typically Life cereal for breakfast, a wrap/quesadilla/salad for lunch, and whatever the family is having for dinner. Snacks are mostly fruit snacks, still. Hopefully we'll get more into veggies and fruits again at some point. Dessert is a must.
Drinking tons and tons of water, preferably with ice.
(Also, totally in to eating ice again, as with my Juliette pregnancy. Steve and I went to The Loop on a date when his parents were in town, and man--they have the perfect ice!)
Sleeping about 12-13 hours a day. Have to be in bed by around 10:30 or I start getting really sick. When Steve is home to take Grace to school, he lets me sleep in until 8:30. That makes a huge difference in my energy and nausea levels for the day.
Add to that a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, and I'm sleeping about half of every day.
And it feels. so. good.
Watching the Harry Potter series with Steve. We suffered through the first two movies (necessary evils) and celebrated when we got to the third, which is when the cinematography, acting, and screenplays get really good. We get through about half a movie each night before I have to go to sleep. :)
Reading Dust (the third book in the Wool/Silo series by Hugh Howey) which I started a few years back but didn't finish. After all that Anne of Green Gables, I suddenly craved something sci-fi/dystopian. Enjoying it so far. Steve and I read for a few minutes after crawling into bed post-Harry-Potter. :)
Listening to the Lively Show podcast when I (occasionally convince myself to) fold clothes.
Waiting for baby's kicks to be strong enough for Steve to feel them regularly. It's an awesome thing to share with him. He did feel her once, but we haven't been able to replicate it yet.
Impressed by baby's growth: she's the size of a mango this week.
Worrying about my sweet grandpa, who's on hospice. That the nausea won't stop til baby comes. About finding a new OB practice with docs I will love in TX. That labor and delivery will be scarier at a new hospital with new doctors. How long it will take us to get into a house when we move. About baby staying healthy and my SCH continuing to heal.
Trusting that God has a plan, and it's all going to work out somehow.
Feeling all the feels. Overwhelmed. Tired. Excited. Out of breath! More content. More human. Still sick. And still struggling to be okay with the fact that I can only do a few things per day and need lots of rest in between.
Enjoying sitting with my littles on the couch (a lot) watching PBS Kids shows or (even better!) HGTV. (Juliette can identify Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, and House Hunters. Charlie wants to live in a tiny-house. Gracie wants to scrape all the popcorn ceilings off all the fixer uppers.) Watching them play and interact. Listening to Juliette talk to me. Snuggling, talking, and laughing with my Steven. Having some clothes that fit. Naps. Looking at house options in San Antonio.
Window shopping lots of baby things and maternity clothes.
Dreaming the weirdest pregnancy dreams. Most recent: Jimmy Fallon as lead singer of Blink 182.
Wearing stretchy-top pants and shirred elastic tees daytime. Oversized tees and yoga leggings at nighttime. (Nighttime wear > Daytime wear.)
Loving my bullet journal. So me. Best discovery of 2016 so far.
Anticipating our (two) moves--apartment, then Texas. Watching the Olympics this summer. My next meal/nap. A visit to Suzi's. Lots of summer swimming. Picking a name for this sweet kicky baby girl. Holding her in my arms for the first time, and seeing her Daddy fall in love with another of our babies. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment