Thursday, April 28, 2016
20 Weeks: Thank You Notes to People I Don't Know
I've been writing lots of thank you notes lately. It is always such a sweet collection of moments, sitting at the table reflecting and feeling thankful. I love when the stack of notecards I keep in our desk starts to dwindle. It means I've had lots of opportunities to be thankful.
That said, there are some people I don't know who I'd like to thank, too. People who have made this pregnancy easier, better, or happier. Today's post is dedicated to them. Let's begin.
To the inventors of the remote control and the creators of Netflix: Endless entertainment, zero moving my pregnant belly. Thank you.
All online television and Pinterest: Same sentiments. You guys rock.
To the people who brought leggings back in style for people over 8 years old: You were right; I was wrong. Thank you.
To Costco: You know I couldn't do this without you. Thank you.
To the person who decided to add the "crushed ice" option to refrigerator ice dispensers: This is the second pregnancy when tiny bits of ice have felt like the greatest treasure, treat, and delicacy. What would I do without you? (Cry more.) Thank you.
To the farmers who grew the sunflowers I bought from Harris Teeter: $4? Really? How did you guys know how badly I needed a little sunshine-flower pick-me-up last week? You do amazing work. Also, I love knowing that there are people out there whose jobs are to grow sunflowers. Totally makes life in general happier to have that thought.
To whoever figured out that Unisom helps (a little) with morning sickness, and to the scientists behind Lexapro: Wow. You guys. No words. But, super, super strong work. Thank you.
To everybody over at the production of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and Honeywell security systems: Thank you for making my morning nap possible.
To LEGO: Come on, you didn't think I'd forget you, did you? Thank you, thank you, thank you, for saving my children from their pregnant mother.
And, finally...
To the 1980's: Thank you for the baby name book we have used to select names for all of our kids, and for being the initial timeframe in which leggings came to be. Again--I was wrong, and I'm totally willing to own it. Though I do think the upgrade to jersey from spandex was a win.
xo,
love,
Jamie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this : )
ReplyDeleteI'm also an ice eater while pregnant. Did you know you can purchase bags of ice from sonic? You know, the really good ice, the perfect little balls of ice (Tim calls it rabbit turd ice). And you can purchase it in the drive through so you don't even have to leave your car. Time to buy an extra freezer!
ReplyDelete