Thursday, June 2, 2016

Week 24: Jetsetting


This is just a nice selfie of me. Where I don't look tired. Because I'm not. Because this picture was taken ON VACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Earlier this month the babes and I cashed in on my (fantastic) Christmas gift from Steve: a trip to see my med-school bestie! I hopped on a plane with a backpack loaded down with books and snacks (ALL FOR ME!) and many hours later I was hugging my Suzi in the PHX airport. And the fun started right there. We didn't even go home--we went straight to In'n'Out for dinner, followed by splitting a delish Biscoff + strawberry topped dessert at Waffle Love. (If you live near one, go get one in my name. I'll take the calories for you. I'll just hide them in here:)


For five days we shopped! (Old Navy! H&M! Charming Charlie! Anywhere we wanted at the Scottsdale Mall! And Nordstroms' Last Chance, where I got these two pairs of flats that retail for about $100/pair for $35!)



We ate! (Kneaders! In'n'Out! Waffle Love! Paradise Bakery! Sauce! The Soda Shop! Cafe Rio!) 




We met up with friends (hi Amanda!), got pedicures, and saw not one but TWO movies! (And they were both good!)



We watched good TV (all of season 1 of Grantchester, and a new version of And Then There Were None that had us really jumpy).

I took lots of naps and ate lots of ice.


I called/texted/sent selfies to Steve so he knew the baby bump and I were okay.


And when I got to the airport at home (after promising to try to make this a repeat occasion--next year, maybe?!) all three of my babies wrapped their cute arms around me at once and I just felt filled up with gratitude to have these loves of my life. (Who all, miraculously, felt worth the effort of pregnancy when I help them at birth--and that reminded me that this one will, too.)

Best girl trip ever. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment