Tuesday, March 15, 2016

14 Weeks: Welcome Things

Oh, hello there second trimester! I don't think we've had a more welcome guest in our home of late!

Another welcome guest? David Pearson, one half of our BFF-couple from the (somehow kind of long ago?!) med school days! He showed up on Saturday night, in preparation for some local fellowship interviews, and made a big impression on the kiddos right away. Especially with Juliette, who made a point of setting herself up near him wherever he might be.


We took advantage of some very welcome gorgeous weather and did some outings to Costco, and for a looooooong picnic at Triad park, where we met up with the Evans. The guys talked about doctor stuff and played some disc golf with one of Steve's co-residents who happened to be at the same park. Emily and I hung out with the kiddos at the playground and enjoyed the sunshine.






We were all sad to see him leave (in a rented red Ford Focus that we all laughed about) but it was so fun to have company for a few days. And it didn't mean we ran out of things to do.

While baby has been busy baking up to the size of a lemon and/or "[my] fist" (depending on which app you trust most), Steve and I have been busy filling out paperwork for our realtor, researching temporary apartments and military moves, and beginning to pack up the house. Steve brought home some moving boxes from Lowes over the weekend and we cleaned out our master closets of anything donatable, and packed up anything out of season or (for me) that wouldn't fit over a burgeoning belly.

Since I've been feeling better, our days have fallen into a bit of a schedule again, which has been really nice. Mornings I get to sleep in a bit if Steve is home (like today) while he takes kids to school. Then I get up and eat breakfast (a glass of milk and a croissant lately,), and work on whatever needs done (moving paperwork, budget, laundry, packing, dishes) until my little body needs a break. After the kids eat lunch I make Steve and I quesadillas, which we eat while watching a show on Netflix (lately, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt or The Office). Then we take a nap (glorious nap!) until it's time to pick up Gracie from school. The afternoons I'm hit or miss, and by the evenings I usually have to lay down. Bedtime (for me) around 9 or 10 with some reading of Anne of Green Gables.

Baby has been kicking and bouncing away in my tummy, and I feel it a few times a day now. My bleeding has finally stopped (at least for the last few days) and that is so happy, too. So with more energy, morning sickness now receding into pretty much just the evenings (so long as I chew gum and take Zofran in the mornings), springtime weather sending the trees into bloom, and the slow settling of some of the many stressors (house under contract! Planning for temporary housing!), week 14 has been a most excellent and much needed sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment