Text messages you get/send when your baby is the size of a navel orange. :)
At fifteen weeks my belly popped fo sho. Stretchy pants have been in full force since I stopped wearing maternity leggings non-stop (during the worst of the morning sickness). I tried to use the belly band and the hairband-through-the-button-hole tricks with my non-prego jeans, and while those did make them fit, neither was very comfortable. So I bought two pairs of new jeans with ginormous stretchy panels and I am much more comfortable.
Those were the first pregnancy-related clothes I've purchased this time around. Usually I start maternity shopping as soon as I find out I'm pregnancy, but all the bleeding that plagued the first trimester had me worried. I couldn't bear the thought of buying clothes and then losing the babe early on and not being able to wear them. I feel superstitious even writing that. But at 15 weeks, after that good ultrasound and the end of the bleeding that had me so worried (and with my belly insisting that we get some larger pieces of clothing) I did a lot more shopping. Nothing crazy, just filling out my wardrobe with a pair of gym shorts, a second pair of denim shorts in white, and a couple other stretchy/flowy things that will hopefully work with me through the addition of more and more belly curve.
Clothes are one of the few things I really enjoy about pregnancy. (I am alllll about my babies, but the pregnancy process is just not pretty for me from start to finish.) So it was fun to finally feel like there was a perk or two to enjoy.
Baby is still fluttering around, and I feel it more and more. We scheduled the gender-reveal ultrasound for April 11, so we'll know pretty soon what sort of clothes to pull out of storage and what kinds of names to work on. We have a few we're tossing around. Excited to see who this little person is. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment