Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Third Doctor Visit.


Tuesday morning was our (baby's and my) third doctor visit. It started off with a nice long wait in the waiting room. Thirty minutes. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but I had purposefully not peed before I left the house assuming that they would want me to pee in their cup instead. Which they did, but not until much, much later! Anyway, suffice it to say I was keenly aware of the delay to my appointment.

We started off with an ultrasound, where the sonographer checked on the SCH they've been watching since all the scariness of week nine. My bleeding stopped in the middle of last week (thank goodness), and the ultrasound revealed that (yay!) my hemorrhage was getting smaller. We also got to take a peek at baby, who was very cozy and measured four days ahead of schedule. Already striving to keep up with the Walton standard. :)

Baby, please be less than 10 pounds.

The sonographer also grabbed a quick snapshot of the babe, who was in full glamour shot position with his/her fist under her chin:


After the ultrasound I had a quick doctor visit as well. They took my blood pressure (which the nurse told me was "practically non-existent") and then finally let me pee in the cup. I don't think I've ever been so enthusiastic about that. Then I met with Dr. Pollard for a quick talk about the ultrasound and to ask questions. (I'm not having Braxton Hicks, my cervix is closed, that weird belly pain is "ligament pain" as my uterus moves from my pelvis to my abdomen. #TMI)

And then I was out the door and bound for home, where everybody (hubs and sibs) passed around our new baby picture. :)

Stats (as of doctor appt):
Weeks pregnant: 14 weeks, 4 days
Baby's fruit size: Lemon
Net weight gain: 3lbs
Doctor visits: 3
Cups peed in: 3
Blood draws: 2
Ultrasounds: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment