Sunday, February 28, 2016

11 Weeks, and the Second Doctor Visit.

On the Friday that was our 11 week mark (2 Fridays ago), baby and I went to the doctor. We peed in a cup, per usual, and then had a follow-up ultrasound to check on the healing/progress of my hemorrhage. (Which is just the most terrible sounding word, isn't it?) The technician said she thought it was looking a little better, and my doctor agreed.

The sonongrapher also checked on baby, who looked somehow much bigger and more baby-like than even just a few days earlier when I went in with Steve. Baby kicked a few times (I couldn't feel it, but I saw it), and I fell in love. Amazing to see such a tiny little person moving like that.

Afterwards I met with Dr. Pollard (who delivered Juliette) for an exam and PAP, and a little Q&A. I was surprised that I really didn't have many questions for him. A lot of the first trimester junk is pretty familiar by the fourth time around, so I really only needed clarification about the bleeding. He said it is fairly normal, and that they usually resolve by themselves. He couldn't give me a time frame as to how quickly that might happen, because every pregnancy is so different. I'll be honest--I wished he could give me a little more than that.

There were house cleaners(!) at our house that morning (we Grouponed some housekeeping in preparation for putting our house on the market--which happens next week! AH!) so I called Steve to find out what he and the kids were up to. He'd taken Jules and Charlie for second-breakfast at Panera, so I joined them and ate a chocolate croissant and a glass of milk. Then we went to Target together--my first trip to Target in almost six weeks because I basically hadn't felt well enough to leave the house unless required by school drop-off--and picked out some towels and stuff to spruce up the house for showings. At one point in the middle of the bathroom decor aisle, Steve hugged me and said he was so glad to see me standing up. It was an event. :)

When we got home, we walked all through the house and admired everything the cleaners had cleaned. It was like fairies came to our house. Grown-up magic. ;)

Stats (as of dr. appt):

Weeks pregnant: 11 weeks, 0 days
Baby's fruit size: Fig/Kumquat
Net weight gain: -2lbs
Doctor visits: 2
Cups peed in: 2
Blood draws: 1
Ultrasounds: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment