Monday, February 8, 2016

Hanging In


I think at this point it is pretty safe to say this is the worst "morning" sickness I have ever had. Even on two medications, I still throw up on average 1-2 times a day. I feel sick unless I am sleeping. And Jules and I are spending lots and lots of time hanging out like this on the couch.

When I come downstairs in the morning she greets me with, "Hi Mom! You want to yay down?" :)

In the morning I wake up and pop a Zofran in my mouth before I get out of bed. If Steve's home, he takes Gracie to school and I sleep until 9ish. If he's not, I set my alarm for 7:15, and then a second for 7:30. I give myself a few minutes to gear myself up for another day, and by 7:45 I'm up. Gracie is a rockstar, and has gotten the crew of littles going with breakfast and gotten her own morning routine almost handled by the time I get downstairs. (I do have that first alarm set so that I can hop up and wake everyone on the off chance that they aren't already up and about.)

I eat something (lately my life has been brunch: croissants and cantaloupe, sometimes 2-3 times a day, because they taste good, are gentle, and don't hurt coming up) and then drive Gracie to school. I'd say about 50% of the time I am actively fighting not to throw up in the car. Driving is the worst.

Then back home. If Charlie has preschool I gear up for another round of driving. If not, I collapse to the couch and the kiddos play.

Sometimes I mix it up and lay on the blue sofa in the living room instead of the sectional in the family room. It is luxurious to have two couches, and I appreciate the change of light and scenery.

Once the kids have had lunch, I take a nap during quiet time. If Steve is home, he handles lunch and school pickup, so I get an extra good nap. Yesterday (Sunday) I slept until 5pm. If Steve's working, I sleep on the couch (so I'm not too comfortable) and set lots of alarms so I won't sleep through picking up Gracie. I also wake up at least once in a panic, having dreamed that I left her at school.

My nap feels like a reward for being awake and nauseous all morning. :)

Throwing up just happens when it happens. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes afternoon, sometimes night. Usually not all three now that I've added Zofran to my daily pharmaceutical intake.

I miss eating. I miss sleeping normally. Steve came and slept in our bed last night, and it was so nice to feel him there with me when I woke up in the night.

But since we had our horrible scare last Thursday, I am thankful just to still be pregnant. Even though I feel overcome. I am thankful for the little gummy-bear baby still safely in my tummy. And being terribly sick means I'm still preggers with that little one, and that is a good thing.

Naptime in T-minus 35 minutes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment